Sunday, July 27, 2014

Practicing Forgiveness

Forgiveness is something that we all have problems with. There is a grey area of forgiveness- if someone does us wrong, we obviously don’t want to forgive that person.  In our minds we think, “well that person did us wrong, so I can’t forgive them. Karma will do it for me.”
In my twenty-six years, I have had a problem with this issue. I have been treated poorly by a number of people, so it’s hard for me to practice forgiveness. But in the past few months I have really been working on this problem. 


I think this is something we all should practice and preach to others. Connecting this to an earlier post, we should let whatever happened to us go. When we keep things built up inside us there will be an inner struggle with our conscience, and this leads to resisting new people coming into our lives.
One thing that I have learned to do is going up to that person that hurt us and say, “I forgive you.”  This takes a lot of strength on your part and it shows them that they can’t hurt you anymore.  
This takes a lot of will power on your part, but in the end you come out becoming a stronger person.

When you let go of the things that control your life, you will in return have a more healthy and happier life. In the end, forgive yourself and forgive others- nothing is ever your fault!
Like Mahatma Ghandi said, “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”

No comments:

Post a Comment