Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Set Goals and Take Action

I’m sure you have heard everyone tell you over and over, “Set goals for yourself…Achieve your goals.” I still hear this every single day from my friends, family, and college professors.

I never really realized how important it is to have some goals in mind, write them down, and cross them off as you achieve them.  Usually I think about them, put it in the back of my mind and go about my day.

Of course, I’ve always known that having goals is important. Already, I have accomplished so many of my goals at my young age, but I know there are so many more that I want to accomplish.  For example, I want to open a Bed & Breakfast, Live in another country for at least a year, and become a published author for Young Adult Literature.



But setting long term and short term goals is more important than that. Thinking about setting goals (and of course writing them down) helps you focus on the things that are most important. We have so many distractions in this world and sometimes we veer off from the direction that we’re meant to take.

The different between a Long term and Short term goals are as follows- a Short term goal is something you can accomplish in a 12-month period (passing a math class, getting an internship, learning a new trade) and a Long term goal is something that takes longer than 12-months (buying a house, becoming a doctor, having your own business.)



Whatever your goals may be, write it down and make it a priority. Life is to short to follow what everyone wants you to do. You have the obligation to make the best out of life, and create a path that you will love and cherish. So think about what you want, write them down, and post it so everyone can see it. Let everyone know that you won’t settle for less and that you want your life to beautiful.  And rememeber- no goal is ever TO small or  large to accomplish. 




post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment