Monday, August 11, 2014

OPEN YOUR EYES (Week FIVE of SIX- Self-Confidence-challenge)

With technology surrounding us and getting improved every second of the day, it is really hard to focus on the things that are in front of us. We walk down the street with our phones in hand texting, scrolling on Facebook at dinner to see the next person’s update, and tweeting that selfie that you took with your friend. Taking a moment away from our phones is like loosing a best friend and gives most of us anxiety.

Living in the present is something that is hard for us to do. We always focus on the next day and not what is going on right in front of us at that very moment. Like scrolling on Facebook while at dinner with your friend, you could be wasting an opportunity that is important at that moment.

I’m not saying that I am perfect at this, because sure, I check Facebook or tweet when I’m at dinner and text while I am walking down the street.  But taking baby steps to getting rid of a bad habit is important. For example, I no longer have my phone with me at work. I leave it in the back so that I can focus on my customers and not what my friends are doing. But gradually I want to take a day a week to focus on the things that are in front of me and live in the moment.


Doctors have done research suggesting that living in the moment can prove self -confidence. Focusing on yourself and the present can help you let go of the things that you may have been dwelling on.  So my advice this week is to take a moment and live in the present. Get away from all the social media craziness and focus on yourself. The more you do it, the closer you will get to become a better YOU. 



post signature




1 comment:

  1. I love this post, I had two days without wifi whilst on holiday and was tempted not to even connect to it at all because I had such a lovely time in the pool, by the beach just relaxing and not worrying about what everyone else is doing. It's definitely inspired me to leave my phone off a little bit more often

    www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete